After shattering the web with Panda, Google has just announced another hard to beat game: the Google+1. It has confirmed that the number of +1 clicks is now influencing your position before Google’s SERP.
At first, let us try to understand on what Google’s +1 button really is.
Google+ is one of Google’s web service that is made to beat Facebook. You may come to an impression that the +1 button is Google’s version of Facebook’s Like button. The +1 button is now displayed on Google’s search result pages and you yourself can add Google’s +1 button to your own blogs or sites. The visitors who like a page or a post can click the +1 button to show Google that they like it. A page or post that gets many +1 clicks obviously offers something that makes it better than average. It makes sense to show these pages higher in the search results.
Is it ok to buy services that offer +1 click package?
As Google rolls out this issue, there are some sites which offer services to give you +1 click. You pay a certain amount of money and the service will increase the number of +1 clicks on your web pages. Does it work?
It is very unlikely that these clicks will increase the position of a web page in Google’s search results, why?
- You’ll need a Google account to click on the +1 button. Google knows who’s clicking and they also know which other buttons are clicked by that person.
- These services usually use the same accounts and/or create new Google accounts for the clicks. It’s relatively easy for Google to detect artificial clicks and accounts.
- It’s the quality of the +1 clicks that matters, not the quantity. If you buy +1 clicks for your website, it is likely that Google will find it out.
So how to win Google+1 ranking factor game?
- +1 clicks are a ranking factor in Google’s algorithm and you should add the Google +1 button to your web pages. Many websites don’t use the button yet so you will have an advantage if you add the button now.
- The +1 button is not the only ranking signal that Google uses to determine the position of your site in the search results. Google uses many more signals.
- Google’s +1 button is a ranking signal that you should not ignore. Don’t forget that there are many other ranking factors that have to be in place before +1 clicks will influence the position of your pages.