Blogspot lovers are now can be more happier with the option to optimize their blogspot search engine optimization. Blogger has just introduced a number of options to make Blogger hosted blogs perform better in search results.The big changes include the option to easily add a blog description that search engines will crawl allowing you to tell them what your blog is about, even better is the option to add a short description to each individual post.Adding tags to your images has been made easier so they will perform better in search results and there is also a few more complicated options.
Blogger now provides web savvy users with the option to manage search engine preferences. SEO — an acronym for Search Engine Optimization — helps increase traffic to your blog and connect your content with the intended audience. For more background on SEO, read through this article in the Webmasters Help Center, and be sure check out their SEO Starter Guide (pdf).
Here are some new Blogspot SEO features:
- Blog Description – Add a description of your blog search engines can use to index your blog.
- Post Description – Add a description to each post.Note – I found the post description option does not appear until you set your blog description.
- Custom 404 Error Page – A 404 page is displayed when someone lands on a page that does not exist, often because of a spelling error.
- Redirects – Automatically redirect from one page to another.
Alt and Title tags for Images – Adding Alt (Alternate text) and Title tags to images will help search engines index your images and display them in image searches.
- Robots.txt and Robots tags – Both these options should only be used by experienced users.
These are options you need to take advantage of and they can lead to not only increased traffic but also target traffic. Blogspot is now more powerful for search engine optimization. For more information on this Blogger new SEO options, visit spiceupyourblog.